In preparation for our grade seven trip to Beijing we will be creating a short documentary on one aspect of Beijing and its culture.
Topics to be covered:
- Hutong district
- Great Wall
- Via Ferrata
- 798 Art District
- Chinese acrobats
- Peking duck
- Beijing (the capital and its history)
Your task is to research the history and importance of your assigned topic and create a 3-4 minute documentary. This will then be shared with your class before leaving on our trip.
While in Beijing:
- Take pictures of your site / activity
- Interview any locals that could offer any additional information.
- Take notes on the surroundings.
- Make sure to work as a group to acquire as much information as possible.
Creating your final documentary:
- Collaborate with your group as to what needs to be added
- Continue your documentary by adding another 3-4 minutes.
- Pictures, interviews, videos would be a wonderful addition to your documentary
- For interviews you may need subtitles.
- Make sure the pictures are quality and not blurry.