World War One Topic of Interest
Working individually, decide on a topic you would like to learn more about. This topic should relate to World War One and require research. You will write a 400 word, four-paragraph essay about your topic then present your research to the class as a presentation using Keynote.
Step by Step
- Decide on your topic
- Decide on your focus questions
- Fill out this document with your name, topic, and focus questions.
- Start your research. Be sure to bookmark all sites using your delicious account that you will create this week. See here for help.
- Complete the planning guide as you do your work.
- Turn in your paper
- Prepare for your presentation
Write your report using the MLA format. See here for a sample paper. It needs to include the following paragraphs
- Introduction: Introduce your reader to the topic. Provide some interesting facts that will entice (encourage) your reader to keep on reading. Be sure to include a thesis statement
- First research question: Pose (ask) the research question and then answer it using the summary paragraph format. Be sure to use a topic sentence AND closing sentence for each paragraph.
- Second research question: Pose (ask) the research question and then answer it using the summary paragraph format. Be sure to use a topic sentence AND closing sentence for each paragraph.
- Conclusion: Speculate (make a smart guess) about the impact your topic had on the war
- Write your bibliography. Find bibliography help here.